Here are five steps to manage your Internet trolls:
1. Post a policy on all of your social media sites that you will not tolerate bullying, spammers, and abusive trolls that hijack your feeds. Warn them that their comments will be deleted and they may be blocked.
2. Set up notifications for the comments on your feeds so that you can address an abusive or spam post once it hits your social media.
3. Assess if the post is hateful, spam, or just an adverse opinion and warrants being deleted or kept.
4. Delete the post if it doesn’t serve a meaningful discussion.
5. If the user shows up again to hijack your feed in the same way, take them out of your media. If you suspect they are not a real person (a phisher) or if they’ve been abusive in any way, then don’t hesitate to block and report them.