Debbie Elicksen understands best practices of how to make digital public relations work for business, particularly in sports, entertainment, politics, independent experts, and other professionals. She has worked with international clients from the United States, Canada, Sweden, United Kingdom, China, Switzerland, and more.
- Agency experience includes project managing websites and annual reports.
- Experience working in television, print, radio, and Internet media.
- Public relations in sports, government, non-profits, entertainment.
- Published in traditional and digital articles, newspapers, newsletters, and blogs. Publisher, author, and project manager of over 150 books.
- National Hockey League reporter for several publications, including NBCSports.com.
- Worked in both amateur and professional sports administration. First woman to headman a football conference in Canada. Public Relations Director for a California Angels Triple A baseball team.
- Served on City of Calgary Sports Steering Committee. Inducted into Alberta Sports Hall of Fame 2018.
- Webcast/podcast host. Co-created an Internet web show that interviewed well-known global digital thought leaders bridging traditional and digital communications.
- Worked both traditional and digital media: strategizing, producing, managing media, public relations, and marketing campaigns.
- Delivered keynotes, group facilitation, and training to schools, universities, teachers’ conferences, speaking associations, and career development organizations.
- TESOL Certificate through Arizona State University online.
Traditional and Digital Public Relations Work Highlights
- In four months, helped a sales training company increase its Twitter following by 12%. Many of its followers were industry leaders with over 100K in their network, which meant it had access to more influential prospects.
- In one month, helped a political party’s Twitter account grow its reach from 1289 impressions to 10,300 impressions.
- In four days, increased a comic book company’s Facebook following by 25,000 during the 2012 San Diego ComicCon, which launched its social media influence exponentially.
- Wrote and published 15 books; edited and project-managed over 150 books and annual reports.
- Hired by an Emmy-winning documentary filmmaker from New York City to provide digital SEO strategy and use traditional and digital media to help her promote several screenings of her latest film. The results helped her attract more screening and distribution opportunities for her award-winning film.
- Created a digital footprint out of nothing for a start-up entertainment company in Arizona, which included a social gaming system that operated sovereign to sovereign, plus a tribal partnership to develop an entertainment center on 82 acres of land that helped them land significant partners and investors.
- During a seven-year contract through an Ottawa marketing agency, provided public relations for the Government of Canada in Calgary, Alberta, which involved creating storylines for media, press conferences, photo shoots of federal ministers.